City of Andrews
The shared beliefs and behaviors that unite us and guide our every action.
—Commitment to Excellence—
We desire to be a city of excellence – one others admire, learn from, and aspire to be.
We will demonstrate this by…
- putting the needs of others before self;
- delivering exceptional service to internal & external customers by exceeding expectations;
- encouraging continuous improvement and innovation; and
- effectively managing the public’s resources.
—Engaged & Empowered—
We desire to create a culture where employees are engaged and empowered.We will demonstrate this by…
- connecting our work to a greater cause and purpose;
- providing and/or participating in activities which provide the opportunity to learn & grow;
- practicing open communication; and
- providing and/or accepting job autonomy (ability to direct one’s own work).
We desire to provide a family oriented workplace.We will demonstrate this by…
- working together with camaraderie, respect, accountability and unity;
- participating in each other’s lives – the struggles, joys, sorrows, and goals;
- enabling employees to spend quality time with their families; and
- ensuring all employees go home in the same shape they came to work.
We desire to demonstrate integrity at all times and in all circumstances.We will demonstrate this by…
- consistently acting in a moral and ethical manner regardless of the situation;
- striving to keep all promises and commitments;
- insisting on honesty and transparency in all dealings; and
- taking responsibility for our individual actions.