City of Andrews, TX


State law allows the homeowner to perform work at their homestead address.

Building plans are required for remodels, additions and accessory structures. These plans must include any electrical, plumbing or HVAC. If you plan on doing your own electrical, plumbing or HVAC, you must sign the affidavit and submit with your plans. 

Any plumbing, mechanical or electrical contractors must be licensed and insured with the State of Texas and registered with the City.

All building contractors must have a bond and/or liability insurance and be registered with the City.