The City sprays for mosquitos during "wet" seasons. This is done at night when fewer people are outside. Below are guidelines that will help lessen the mosquito population around your home.
1. Remove cans, barrels, buckets, tires, pots and other containers that hold water
2. Keep gutters clear of debris and standing water
3. Remove standing water around any structures or from a flat roof
4. Change water in pet dishes daily
5. Change water in wading pools and bird baths several times a week
6. Maintain backyard pools and hot tubs
7. Keep all trash receptacles covered
8. Water lawns carefully so water does not stand for several days
9. Treat front and back door areas of homes with insecticides, if mosquitoes are nearby
10. If mosquito problems persist, consider pesticide applications for vegetation around the home.
Director of Community Services