UNACCEPTABLE ITEMS IN THE DUMPSTER
The Sanitation Division plays an integral role in the beautification of the city by ensuring public safety and well being through timely, professional collection and disposal of garbage. All residential and commercial establishments within the City limits are required to pay the trash collection and landfill dumping fees as provided by City Ordinance.
Garbage is collected in shared dumpsters located in the alley and is collected twice a week to residents and commercial accounts; however, businesses have the option for additional collection days.
SOLID WASTE COLLECTION
Garbage collection is included on your monthly water bill. Garbage is collected in shared dumpsters located in the alley and is collected twice a week; however, businesses have the option for additional collection days.
All refuse shall be deposited by the customer in the container in which he is assigned. The customers assigned to the dumpster shall be responsible for keeping the area surrounding the container clean and free from any debris or refuse. The City will not be responsible for picking up refuse from around the container.
No concrete, rocks, dirt, construction debris, large metal objects, air conditioners, furniture, stoves, industrial byproducts, refrigerators, hazardous materials (oil, filters, paint, or other household chemicals), dead animals, large brush or tree branches shall be placed in a container by any person.
COURTESY BULKY WASTE PICKUP SERVICE
For customers unable to haul tree limbs and large household items to the landfill themselves, the City, as a courtesy, provides periodic alley pickup.
- Construction debris, tires and/or automotive parts are not included in this service.
- Bulky waste shall be limited to a total volume of less than 4' x 3' x 8'.
- It is the responsibility of the occupant to notify the City within 3 business days of excessive amounts of undue accumulations of waste and arrange for collection. Such services shall be subject to the scheduling and availability of City Sanitation department personnel and equipment.
- Tree limbs shall be cut to a length of 4' or less.
- Any tree trunks, tree stumps or root balls shall be free of dirt, less than 4' in length, and weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Bulky waste must be placed in the alley as close as possible to the rear of the residence where the waste was generated so as not to block traffic in the alley while maintaining adequate clearance from dumpsters, utility meters and other fixed obstacles.
- The City will attempt to collect bulky waste by sweeping certain neighborhoods throughout the year. Bulky waste shall be placed at the approved collection location no sooner than 10 days before the published schedule of collection for the given area. Occupants should check the City's web site or call the City for collection schedules.
|SW||Jan 4 - Jan 15||May 10 - May 21||Sep 1 - Sep 14|
|NW||Feb 1 - Feb 12||Jun 1 - Jun 14||Oct 1 - Oct 14|
|NE||Mar 1 - Mar 12||Jul 1 - Jul 14||Nov 1 - Nov 12|
|SE||Apr 1 - Apr 14||Aug 2 - Aug 13||Dec 1 - Dec 14|
The City Landfill is an approved landfill by Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) as an Arid Exempt Landfill. We have two (2) pits:
Type I - designated for residential and commercial waste
Type IV - designated for construction and demolition waste
Under the approved permit, the allowable daily tonnage to be disposed is 20 tons per pit.
Landfill Safety Rules
Landfill Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Closed on Wednesday and Sunday
$48.00 per ton or $2.40 per 100 pounds with a $5.00 minimum charge.
|Passenger Car Tire||$ 3.00|
|Light Truck Tire||$ 5.00|
|Heavy Truck Tire||$ 8.00|
|Off-Road Machinery Tire (Must be quartered)||$10.00|
The landfill does not accept any items with freon.
Commercial Charge Accounts can be set up for your convenience. Deposit required.
Landfill fees are waived for homeowners/tenants disposing of trash/debris (excluding tires, etc.) from their primary residence; however, trash must be transported to the landfill. A current city water bill and valid ID are required as proof of residency.
A flyer with additional information on the City's Solid Waste Services for residents can be reviewed here.
A flyer with additional information on the City's Solid Waste Services for Commercial customers can be reviewed here.
Misa Gomez, Supervisor
Sanaitation / Landfill