There are two types of warrants that may be issued by the Court:
- VPTA - Violation of Promise to Appear - Issued to individuals who fail to appear to answer to Class C Misdemeanor charges.
- Capias Profine - Issued to individuals who have failed to honor their payout agreements.
In most cases, when a warrant for arrest is necessary, a notice may be sent to you at the address shown on your citation. This notice outlines the violations charged against you and fines associated with them.
A warrant for your arrest can be issued when you:
- Do not respond to your citation within 10 days
- Do not appear for your court date
- Do not pay the fine assessed by the Judge
- Do not complete the Driving Safety Course requirements and do not appear to show cause
- Do not comply with the terms of your probation and the probation is revoked
- Default on payment arrangements
- Fail to comply with a community service order
If it is necessary to issue an arrest warrant, you will be assessed additional fees in addition to a $50.00 warrant fee.
You can receive information regarding your warrants by appearing in person or contact Municipal Court during normal business hours at (432) 524-2791 or City Hall at (432) 523-4820, Ext. 238.
Disposing of Your Warrant
To dispose of your warrant you can:
Plead "no contest" or "guilty" to the warrant charge and pay your fine in full. Please keep a copy of your receipt on your person for at least two weeks in case the warrant has not cleared the other sub-systems, and you are pulled over.