If you receive a citation for Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility, you will need the following information to address this citation:
- Verification of Insurance from Insurance Company - once a citation is filed in Court, proof must come from the Insurance Company using this form or on the Company's letterhead where they are attesting to the fact the defendant did, in fact, have insurance on the date of the violation.
- A copy of the citation with a plea recorded on the back, sigend and dated; and
- A copy of your Drivers' License
Simply providing a copy of your insurance card is not accepted for the purposes of dismissal of this type of offenses. You may submit this information to the Court for review and judicial ruling in the following ways:
- You must appear in person to Plea within 10 calendar days of receiving a citation. The hours are: Monday – Thursday from 8:00 am until 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 pm.
- You should bring your citation (yellow copy) with you
- By mail, you may mail the above listed information to:
City of Andrews
111 Logsdon St.
Andrews, Texas 79714
You have 10 days from receipt of a citation to take action on the citation. Please be sure to enclose a copy of your driver's license if you mail the above listed information postmarked no later than the 10th day after day of violation.
NOTE: Utilizing the mail service for the requested information after the 10th day, may not prevent your citation from going into warrant status.
If a person decides they do not want a trial and wish to enter a plea of guilty or "nolo contendere" (no contest), the fine can be paid at Municipal Court Office (City Hall) or online.