Your signature on the citation is NOT a plea of guilty. It is a Promise to Appear in Court.
- We do not handle tickets (pleas) by phone, you must make an appearance in person or by mail;
- We will not handle or discuss tickets, pleas, fees, etc. via email;
- You have the right to appear in court and contest the charge(s) brought against you;
- You have the right to hire an attorney on your behalf - because we only see Class C misdemeanors, one will NOT be appointed to you;
- You have the right to request a trial by Judge or a Jury;
- Juveniles (a person under 17) must appear in person with a parent or legal guardian to enter a plea.
Options for Handling Your Citation:
- Plea "No Contest" or "Guilty" and pay the fine.
- In Person - By appearing no earlier than the 3rd day but within 10 days of the date of the citation. Pay the fine in full or request a payment plan.
- By Mail - Sign and date on the reverse side of your citation, enter plea and mail ticket with check or money order within 10 days of the date of the citation.
- Those pleading guilty may be eligible for Deferred Disposition (similar to probation) for non-movig violations or Driving Safety Courses for moving violations. You must contact the Judge.
- Plea "Not Guilty"
- If you choose to plea "not guilty", you may appear in person, or you or your attorney must submit your request (in writting by certified mail) for trial by Judge or Jury within 10 days of the date of the citation.
- Fill in your correct address, if different
- Request the Driver Safety Course.
- May be done in person or by certified mail within 10 days of the date of the citation.
- Refer to "Driver Safety Course" tab for eligibility requirements.
Payment Options: Please keep in mind you must make contact with the Court in a timely manner.
IN PERSON: To pay citation as soon as possible, bring or mail your payment with the yellow copy of the citation you recieved from the officer. You must make a plea on the back side of the yellow copy, then sign and date it.
BY MAIL: Payments can be made in person, mailed or placed in the night deposit box located on the north side of City Hall. Do not place cash in the night deposit box. Make check or money orders payable to the City of Andrews. Please address envelope to the attention of Municipal Court, City of Andrews, 111 Logsdon St., Andrews, Texas 79714. (Please include your plea by completing the back of the yellow citation.)
PAYMENT MAY BE PAID ONLINE by going to www.cityofandrews.org or by calling 1-800-444-1187. In order to see your citation online, please be prepared to enter your citation number and your date of birth. If you plan to make your payment by calling the 800 number, you will need to know the amount of your fine by first calling the court clerk.
For additional information, including any questions you may have, contact the Court Clerk on the Court's direct line at (432) 524-2791 or by calling City Hall at (432) 523-4820, Ext. 238.